If you are someone living with a health condition that requires the use of a medical oxygen supply, it goes without saying that you should only rely on a provider with a pristine reputation. Be leery of medical equipment and supply companies that devise marketing ploys to lure consumers into purchasing unapproved or “off-label” products.
Below are some tips on how to detect fraudulent activity from a supposed medical supply company as well as a brief guide to searching for a dependable one.
Detecting Medical Oxygen Supply Scams
Here’s how you can detect and protect yourself from medical oxygen supply scams:
Be wary of any phone calls or text messages that ask for your SS number or Medicare/health insurance IDs in exchange for great deals on durable medical equipment or respiratory supplies.
Bona fide companies will never call you with unsolicited offers of free or super low-cost medical supplies and then say they will bill your insurance or Medicare for you. Simply disconnect the call.
- Be vigilant. As with anything else, if something sounds too good to be true, it most likely is.
- Scrutinize the medical oxygen supply company’s website. It should have an easy-to-find phone number. Try it out. If you find it extremely difficult to get through to a real person, or the number doesn’t work at all, that could be red flag that a company cannot be trusted.
- Search the Internet for more information about the company or, at least, reviews to know what people are saying about them.
- Read your Explanation of Benefits from your insurance company or your MSN (Medicare Summary Notice). If you see equipment or supplies you did not receive or order, notify your provider or Medicare right away to report the suspected fraud.
How to Know You Have a Good Medical/Oxygen Supplier
The following are some of the criteria for identifying a legitimate medical oxygen supply company:
- Wide range of services– The company offers and services a wide range of medical/oxygen equipment and supplies, including hospital beds, assistive devices, incontinence products, oxygen tanks, concentrators, masks, and tubing.
- Values patient education– Delivery and setup of equipment includes comprehensive, personalized training for patients and caregivers.
- Top-notch customer service– The staff values transparency and gladly offers to assist you in searching for specialized or hard-to-find products, provides you with pricing, and helps you weigh your options.
- Quick home delivery– The company must also have medical supplies quickly delivered to your door.
- Efficient billing- Insurance claims are processed promptly.
- Spotless track record- The company has a solid reputation and has served its community for many years—even decades.
The company is also highly recommended by many people–either through online reviews or personal testimony (friends and family).
Reputable Medical Oxygen Supplier in Southwest Texas
At Reliance Medical, Inc., we aren’t just any run-of-the-mill medical supply company. Our pristine track record spanning over three decades, the first-rate quality of all of our products, and the unwavering commitment of our staff to delivering the highest quality of services are just a few of the things we pride ourselves on.
To learn more about our products and services, call our staff today at (877) 588-7422, and we will gladly answer all of your queries. We have locations in Alpine, Abilene, Presidio and Monahans, TX. We look forward to hearing from you soon!